- This event has passed.
Electoral Literacy Wari-वारी पंढरीची वारी लोकशाहीची”
AashadiKartiki Wari recreated as ELC Wari by a joint initiative of Election commission Maharashtra, SavitribaiPhule Pune University, and Worship Earth Foundation, a yatra to Pandharpur, Maharashtra to honor Vithoba and strongly encourage citizens to create & spread awareness about democracy and increase electoral participation among all age groups starting to mold and blend the adolescents of 15 years and + encouraging them for voter registration as well as promoting voting awareness, fundamental rights to become a good and active citizen. Hence, restoring electoral balance through waari.
It involves carrying the Rath of Election Literacy all the way from Dehu, Pune to Pandharpur which will be the main attraction of the ELC Waari.
Students from all the colleges affiliated with SavitribaiPhule Pune University (SPPU) will be participating in the Wari procession. As many as Approx 150 to 200 colleges that have the National Service Scheme (NSS) as an established wing will be a part of the initiative.
Various awareness activities will be arranged during the Wari on Electoral Literacy. It will inform the voters about the election process and give them active electoral education. It will encourage them to increase their moral participation in elections to build a strong democracy. Also, we will be addressing the need for a plastic ban and a clean environment. The students will suggest steps to be taken for creating an environment of Envo- Socio friendly to all warkaris.
Volunteers will be contributing throughout the procession from June 21st to July 11th.
University will provide facilities of accommodation, meals, etc.
- Spreading awareness about the significance of being a citizen and therefore having the privilege to be a voter and Vote.
- Die- Casting and whisking the entire population present in the waari to be a part of the great initiative in Indian history of Electoral Literacy Club and help establish it.
- Encourage unregistered students and Citizens to register as Voters.
- Shaping the current young army to choose their leader very wisely.
- Putting forth the Consequences of choosing/ Voting blindly.
- Encouraging the neglected/Vulnerable categories like Women, Transgender, Homeless, and Prostitutes to become a part and make them realize that their Votes and opinion matter for establishing a good government.
- Eradicating the myths and false beliefs about the process involved in elections.
- This platform of waari is religious and priceless to the emotions of Indian traditions, therefore, being the perfect ground to percolate the thoughts and bring them to actions.